01 02 03 The Adventures of Dashaina: The pleasure of my own company... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The pleasure of my own company...

34
Call me crazy...but I like my alone time. I actually cherish it.

I find myself becoming a calmer person when spending time alone. I heal.

Why is that I wonder?

I used to be this social butterfly, constantly surrounded by friend and family. But as the years go by my need for solitude has increased dramatically.

I find myself searching for a career that will allow me to provide for myself as well as grant me the solitude I so desperately desire. Be it working from home, or traveling abroad taking photographs on my own. Sometimes I fantasize about living in a hut on an island along a wooden boardwalk on the water, with nothing but my laptop, camera and nature surrounding me. Documenting it.

Is this a possibility? I feel like I am finally ready to find myself, to figure out who I really am under all this pretense. But I am scared. I am scared to leave behind the things I have grown accustomed to, the people I have come to care, trust and love. But maybe I won't have to. I guess only time will tell.
35 36 37 38